Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Random musings.

I feel like making a non-pharmacy post. You know. I'm just gonna start babbling and see where it takes me.


First and foremost, I'd like to give what I believe the kids call a "shout-out" to my new favorite composers Helmut and Franz Vonlichten of ES Posthumus. They put their entire album online for free listening. Everyone likes free stuff. If you like neo-classical music, I highly recommend it. Each song is an homage to an ancient city, and it holds true rather well. Estremoz is strong with Spanish guitar, Harappa is filled with Middle Eastern strings, and Pompeii is filled with faced paced action from electric guitar and a crazy-fast string section, you know, kinda like a city being destroyed by a volcano. Beautiful stuff.

Second, I'd like to announce that I am making a catchphrase for myself. Why? Everyone that's ever been anything has had some sort of catchy phrase that people remember them by, ergo, a catchphrase. (Duh.) Bogart had "here's lookin' at you, kid", Bush I had "Read my lips...", the crazy Scientologist that knocked up Katie Holmes wanted us to "Show ME the money!!" So in the tradition of random people being catagorized via single sentences, I announce that my official catchphrase is "I am the most humble man ALIVE!" It's just dripping with self-serving irony. I am so enamoured with how little I think of my greatness that I must proclaim that I am the greatest on Earth at not proclaiming how great I truely am. My clothing line is soon to follow. Just think of how well others could have used the catchphrase:

Photobucket - we love free PR!

Photobucket - we eat puppies

Photobucket holds this for me.  For that I thank them. They suck for putting tags like this in their easy-use linking  :(

Lastly, I have a the one year memorial to my status as a bachelor coming up 24 June. Where should I take the wife? I have 4 days off in a row and a 4 days, 3 night getaway would be great. Anyone have suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home