Sunday, April 16, 2006

Why school is retarded.

At some point every school of pharmacy needs to insert about 8 arbitrary classes into it's cirriculum to surround patho/med chem/pharmacology classes in order to give the illusion that pharmacy school is an intensive 4 year doctorate program. It's really, really sad. It's so sad that it has sucked all of the life out of my soul. It started as I was sitting in this retarded public health class they are moving from the 3rd year to 1st year begining this year. That means we take it with the 1st years, which means everything is dumbed down AND 2/3 of the lecture is describing things we have gone over many times in the "triumvant of hard" (is triumvant a word? EDIT: No.) med chem, pharmacol, and patho/therapeutics.

So I'm sitting there in a diabetes lecture, about to stab my eyes out, and I decide I am going to protest by leaving. So in the middle of lecture, I grabbed my crap and I left. A month later, I take the test, without any real notes to speak of, and I get an "A". So I begin to wonder, "you know, in kinetics, he really doesn't teach, he just kinda goes over powerpoints." A couple months of never going to class later and I still have a very solid B in the course (something like an 88%). Same with patho/therapeutics. I don't go to lecture and my grade is comparable to any other patho class where I have wasted my time to have powerpoints read to me. The only classes I go to are that public health class (the damned woman started taking attendence) and some class about reading pharmacoeconomic literature where the guy also takes attendence.

So I am in class 4 hours a week, plus a 3 hour lab and I STILL have a 3.0 GPA. Now it's not as good as in the past when I worshiped my notes for hours at a time, but the improved quality of life is worth it. Here's a diagram:

Image hosting by Photobucket, the bastards make me put this thing over the image.

See, I am clearly more happy. So to hell with class. Stay home, be a slacker, get the notes off someone else, and be apathetic. It's the key to happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home