Monday, April 17, 2006

Journal Club.

So I had to get up at 7AM to go do a journal club doohicky at school. We knocked it out of the park. Others...not so much. I was talking to a guy in another room with another professor doing the grilling and I guess they started whipping out questions about intent-to-treat, 5 bazillion different tests statistical test, and other worthless things only a person specializing in drug information would know. It was so bad that my fellow apathetic student actually said, and I am not making this up, "Why are you asking us questions from a class we took two years ago? None of it is in the study! I don't remember any of that crap!" I would have died laughing. That's even more brazen than me. There is no purpose at all to a journal club. It's just to torture us. Just let me get my info from the pharmacists' letter or clinical pharmacology online. They think for me.

You know what pisses me off? Those damned shirts they sell. You know, the ones designed to be worn with a tie? First, they are packaged into a fold that is secured by about 2 dozen straight pins. I swear to God, the next time I buy a shirt, I'm covering my entire body in lidocaine. I felt like a test dummy for a 17 guage 1970's lancet device. Then you have the shirt. Uncomfortable as hell. The tie is what gets me. I guess the knot looks cool, but has anyone ever actually analyzed how retarded a tie looks? Look at me, I have a giant piece of cloth dangling from my neck. What the hell purpose does it serve? Further, aren't we supposed to try to be intellectuals using our brains? Why would I want to tie a device around my neck that would constrict blood flow to my brain?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home