Thursday, August 16, 2007

Holy crap...E.S. Posthumus is releasing another album!

For the longest time I thought that the Brothers Vonlichten of ES Posthumus wouldn't make another album because their unbelievably brilliant music (like, the best shit put out by anybody in the entire US right now brilliant) didn't seem to catch on with the mainstream (not that it surprised me or anything...music without English lyrics backed by movements and intricate instrumentation is usually...well...a death sentence...)

....and paying all of the people to play cello, violin, and the rest of the ungodly huge assortment of instruments they use probably wouldn't be worth whoever pays for production of their album to make another one.

But, alas, it appears that they have been going hog wild in the background making more music. This appeared on their website:

---------------------------------------------------------------
According to ancient legend, the tiny island of Numa was completely destroyed by natural disaster in the Southern Indian Ocean. Its inhabitants had been highly civilized and advanced seafarers. They traded with peoples from every corner of the Earth and developed a language that incorporated all known tongues from that era.

On our next release, "Cartographer", we imagine what this language sounded like and combine it with compositions that are uniquely those of ES Posthumus.

"Cartographer"
ES Posthumus
featuring Luna Sans
---------------------------------------------------------------
Fuckin' eh! The little music sample they gave on the site sounded like an evolved version of an earlier song they did named "Nara" (known to the casual person as "The Theme Song to CBS' Cold Case) That shit makes my damn month. I have no idea when it's coming out, but apparently the gears are a' turning.

I'm pumped. I thought that I'd never hear this type of music ever again. Thank Jebus!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pepperpourri said...

Hey, their music is seriously not bad! Kinda like new age music. I like orchestra music too, now into Secret Garden.

7:52 AM  
Blogger pharmacist said...

Thanks for turning me on to e.s. posthumus. I'm downloading "unearthed" at this moment. Great music for one with eclectic tastes. Good blog AP... It took me years to get as jaded as you. Seriously though, you appear to see through the eyes of one with much more experience in the field than you have. You are a realist.

The blog reminds me of a quote: "I love humanity; its the people I can't stand."

12:04 AM  
Blogger --==-- said...

Honestly, I'm more like Jean-Paul Sartre philosophically. My life philosophy is like one of existential stoicism. The universe....or, hell, humanity in general, doesn't give a shit about me...really, why should it...so fuck it, who cares. Just have fun and don't get in the way of other people having fun.

Shit, I'm getting all pretentious on you, sorry...

About ES, hey...I'm a sucker for strings. The cello is by far my favorite instrument. The composers like it as much as I do. I'd actually like to get into composing some day. I've had entire damn symphonies in my head since I was about 12...I just never learned how to put them onto paper. But, man, the first time I heard this...it was the closest I've ever heard to the insanity going through my head. Classical with wicked percussion beats and contemporary flavor. I've been in love ever since. You have no idea how excited I am they are bringing out another one.

My favorites on the album are Estremoz, Pompeii, Nara, and Nineveh. Mostly because I like the string arrangements in each. Estremoz is something I can listen to 80 times in a row...I swear to god it never gets old...

Oddly, all the songs are all named after ancient cities...huh...just noticed that...

12:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Serious lover of your blog, a considerable number of your blog posts have really helped me out. Looking towards updates!

pharmacy delivery
medical delivery services

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home