Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Rotation VI: The Faculty Don't Take Yo Shit, Young Man!!!

Rotation six was my first rotation with an actual pharmacy faculty member. It's like a completely different universe. While they actually pay attention to what you are doing and don't lock you in a room for hours at a time...on the other hand, you are given a huge-uh-ma-gantic amount of work to do. I was only there for 20 hours a week and it seemed like I never stopped working. I'm glad to be done with it. I need a break.

The actual rotation wasn't too bad. I was at Health Right, a free clinic, and at the WVU Hospital pulmonary clinic. The rotation didn't really have a theme, per say. I just kind of followed the professor around wherever she happened to go.

Apparently I suck at writing. Every single thing I turned in, I had to rewrite. It was usually stupid tickytacky stuff like forgetting to write in complete sentences and rambling on in tangential rants too much. I never do that. Oddly, my previous preceptor told me I did the best written work he had ever read. Eh. Whatever. I blame Pope Pius IX and Steve Buscemi. It's their fault. The bastards....

Moving on, I've noticed that people seem to like me. I can tell them anything and they just smile at me. It's probably because I'm 24 and I look like I'm about 18. (See below) I get carded every time I go to Dave & Busters. The last time I went the cashier told me I'd be hot when I'm 30. WTF does that mean? Anyway, a cute little kid telling you that you suck at glycemic control seems to go over better than a regular white-coated Joe trying it out. Who knew.

The image “http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v252/McDiggy/th_3fccd272.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.The image “http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v252/McDiggy/th_588d06bf.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
"Hi. I swear to God, I can get into R rated movies..."

I feel like posting some random pictures from the repository. Enjoy.

fortecoli.jpg
mikeystrx.jpg

Right now I'm at a place where I do something involving clinical studies. Honestly, I've only been there one day and I'm not really sure what they actually do there.

Comments Page!!!

Positive:
Michael's pharmacy knowledge is good. (That's it.)

Negative (Paraphrased for your sake):
Michael:
Doesn't appear to care.
Sucks at writing.
Mumbles too much.
Is inattentive.
Probably kills puppies. (not really...)

Yeah, I really sucked at this rotation. Oh well. I passed and I did well on the others. Batting 5 for 6 ain't too bad.

'Till next time.

~~~Apathetic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've got to say, Tyrannosaurus Rx is hilarious!

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home