Monday, May 21, 2007

I'll never be prepared for 40 hours a week...

So I get to my new rotation. I have to pay $4/day for parking. I know that's nothing to you city living assholes. I remember when this parking woman charged me $25 to park for the day in Philadelphia. I asked her if it came with a happy ending. It damn well should have for that price. Anyway, that's unheard of in my little state. $4. Damn. I could get a prime rib sub at Quiznos....or a schmokehouse steak sub at Sheetz....or 2 power charges at Dave & Busters for that price.

I walk in, it's 9AM. She hands me my schedule. EVERY day is either 8:30-1:00 or 1-5:30. I am working 20 hours a week, plus I get Memorial Day off. This means I officially am in my 6th rotation and I'm yet to actually work more than 30 hours a week. There were only 2 patients today, I was out the door by 11AM. How the hell do I fall ass backwards into the most beautiful rotation blacks imaginable? Lucky scheduling? Karma for doing something awesome earlier in life? Me being a conniving little bastard? I'm sure all of that influenced it. But that little annoying feeling where you feel like you aren't being properly prepared is starting to creep in.

Am I going to be able to handle 40 hrs/week when I get out of prison...er school?

Actually, yeah, probably...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home